When Gill advertised a free webinar on stress management on an adopters forum and got 120 people signed up within 3 days, she realised there was a huge need and Adoption Academy was created as a social enterprise, supported by The School for Social Entrepreneurs and Unltd.
As an adopter and former foster carer, with a background in community development and twenty years teaching stress management to industry, Gill is well placed to provide adoption support services to Adoption and Fostering Agencies. Gill also owned a leading school of massage prior to fostering and adoption and through that, started creating e-learning courses in 2006. See Gill's CV
The Adoption Academy ethos is on supporting and enabling through personal development. Our courses are impactful, fun, challenging and effective.
When the first e-course was created it was tested with a group of adopters and foster carers using the WEMWBS scale, before and after the training. We continue to use WEMBS, Brief Parental Efficacy Scale and CPRS questionnaire to assess the efficacy of our work.
As we do not interact with adopters face to face (unless engaged by another adoption agency) Ofsted have insisted we cannot register as an Adoption Agency.
Our two and three day Therapeutic Parenting Course meets the Adoption Support Fund criteria as the training covers subjects such as “Understanding the Behaviour” and “Developing your Relationship”.
Our Non-violent Resistance packages can also secure ASF funding.
We can come to you to provide face to face training. Another option is blended training combining a live course with some e-learning. Current workshop subjects;
Building Resilience for Your Team
Many adopters and carers are not able to get to whole day courses and even if they attend, frustration can result when their partner does not attend. New learnings are harder to embed at home with only one parent changing their ways of being. Our e-courses once purchased can be shared with other family members.
Parents are often left waiting for an assessment for therapeutic intervention. Our e-learning can bridge that gap, empower parents, create some hope, increased their belief in their abilities and improve parental well being which will trickle down to their child.
These subjects above are also available through e-learning:
Participants will be able to:
• Benefit from 20 hours of training in the comfort of their own home
• Have access 24/7 for one year, to learn at times to fit in with their lifestyle and at their own pace (this can be extended)
• Learn with a partner and support each other for no extra cost, making the learning more effective and more likely to become embedded within the household
• Learn in bite size chunks of 10-15 minutes to fit around commitments
• Enjoy being taught by experts who are also adopters/foster carers through film based courses
• Pause, stop and rewind the film as needed to embed the learning
• Study from anywhere in the world on pc, mac, tablet or smart phone, eliminating costly travel to a class
• Re-watch each lesson as frequently as required to refresh understanding
• Learn by doing through activities to ensure assimilation of information
• Recap and join in with a downloadable workbook
• Benefit from the highest level of teaching for less than the cost of a live course
• Enjoy a variety of teaching methods to make learning easier and fun
• Access mentoring support for an additional fee
Agencies will benefit from:
• Being able to provide instant support to those in crisis
• Ability to bulk buy courses to gain significant discounts
• Ability to hold courses in stock and issue them to people when required (each course licence has a life of 1 year from the day the participant is enrolled)
• The progress of participants can be tracked with assessments for each unit and completion certificates
• There is consistency in the provision, everyone receives the same high quality training
• Lower carbon footprint
• There are downloadable notes, worksheets and quizzes, reducing postage and copying costs
The courses can be purchased via the following options:
Request a discount code to offer e-learning to your parents/carers with a 15% discount (call 0203 553 1060)
Bulk buy courses (minimum 10) at discounted fees call 0203 553 1060 for prices
Please request a free trial.
Gill Tree the Founder of Adoption Academy is also an experienced conference presenter.
''Gill Tree`s recent training on Resilience delivered to Surrey adopters was very well received. Gill was reliable, knowledgeable, engaging and able to speak from personal as well as professional experience which was highly appreciated by her audience. Participants commented `I thought the training was excellent and I learnt a lot`, `very calm and friendly trainer who explained things clearly`, `helped me learn how to manage stress, respond to behaviour and spot the triggers.' We would be very happy to commission further training from Gill in the future.''
Gillian Thrower, Assistant Team Manager, Adoption and Permanency Service, Surrey County Council
Member of the International Stress Management Association
GM Tree Training Ltd
5 Clumber Drive
Somerset BA11 2LG
T: +44 (0)203 553 1060
© 2021 GM Tree Training Ltd, All rights reserved